The Membership Committee is appointed to evaluate and score potential candidates for EURAPS. The Membership Committee consists of six members. Four members are proposed by the Executive Council and voted upon by the membership present at the General Assembly. They will serve for three years and are not eligible for re-election. The Chair of the Membership Committee is the President-Elect. The Secretary General participates ex-officio. The members of the Membership Committee investigate the contents of each application and score the contents according to the Guidelines Application Form.
Section 1 There shall be five classes of Membership in the Association: Active, Senior, Associate, Corresponding and Honorary.
Section 2 Membership of the Association is by application. Membership is a privilege and not a right, and it is contingent upon continuing compliance with the by-laws of the Association. No person shall be elected or remain a member of the Association unless he or she is of good moral character and adheres to accepted principles of medical ethics.
Section 3 Membership in the Association shall be limited to plastic surgeons of a defined level of scientific and clinical excellence. Under exceptional circumstances, like internationally recognized outstanding clinical practice, the below requirements can be waived by a two-third majority of the Executive Council.
Section 4 – Active members
B. RIGHTS and DUTIES
Section 5 – Senior members
Senior members shall be those Active members or Corresponding who have completely retired from the practice of plastic surgery and related disciplines. This class of members must be conferred by the Executive Council and approved by the General Assembly.
Section 6 – Associate members
B. RIGHTS and DUTIES
Section 7 – Corresponding members
Corresponding members shall be those who reside and practice in countries other than Europe, who are full members of their National Society of Plastic Surgery.
B. RIGHTS and DUTIES
Section 8 – Honorary members
Honorary members shall be individuals whom the Association deems worthy of special honor because of notable contributions in the field of Plastic Surgery or because of long activity in the interests of the Association. This class of membership must be conferred by the Executive Council and approved by the General Assembly. They are not required to attend Meetings or pay dues. However, they shall pay the same registration fee as active members for the meetings which they attend.
Section 9 – Election of members
Active, Associate and Corresponding candidate for membership:
1. Can apply if seconded by two full members of EURAPS, one of them belonging to the same country as the candidate. This last requirement does not apply for countries which have no active members.
2. Each candidate for Active or Corresponding Membership must submit the following items to the Secretary General
3. Each candidate for Active, Associate or Corresponding Membership must submit the following items to the Secretary General:
4. The Secretary General shall ascertain that the requisite items of the application are complete. Candidate shall forward the complete application package to the Chair and the members of the Membership Committee. The Executive Council shall consider the slate of candidates as recommended by the Membership Committee and approve each Member based on his/her qualifications. The General Assembly shall vote on the list of Members to be elected.
Section 10 – Application for Membership
Completed applications for active, associate and corresponding membership must be submitted to the Secretary General by the 31st of December of the year preceding the Annual meeting, usually the following May.
Section 11 – Notification of Members
All new Members will receive a certificate of Membership signed by the President and Secretary General and a copy of the by-laws of the Association.
Applicants must have a EURAPS account and the application form will be accessible via the ‘MyAccount’ area.
1. The Secretary General will consider applications for eligibility in terms of conformity with the above criteria.
He will transmit forms of the applications, C.V., list of publications along with the list of all the candidates and their confidential profile to each of the Members of the Membership Committee. He will also inform EURAPS voting members two months prior to the next General Assembly about the names of the candidates.
2. Members of the Membership Committee will independently evaluate and score the applicants according to the following criteria:
The Membership Committee shall meet immediately prior to the meeting of the Executive Committee and on the basis of an agreed scoring procedure list the members in order of precedence. The Membership Committee will draw the attention of the Executive Committee to that list and other factors such as the winning of prizes, number of Members of EURAPS from the country of origin of the candidate.
3. Members of the Executive Committee will elect the new members and the General Assembly will be informed.
Active Members – At the moment a limit of five vacancies will be available per year, this number may be adjusted by a recommendation of the Secretary General to the Executive Committee and approved by the General Assembly.
Corresponding Members – No limit, provided they fulfill the prerequisites and they are outstanding individuals of great repute who have significantly contributed to the progress of Plastic Surgery. They shall be nominated and elected by the Executive Committee and the General Assembly shall be informed.
Amendments to the above rules shall be decided by Members of the Membership Committee and approved by the General Assembly.